Friday 26 March 2010

Music Thus far

Hey guys, been working on the music all day today, I've made some pretty big changes to the score and taken into account timeframe.

To start, Ive decided to remove drums from the track ONLY while hollenbauer is speaking. I felt that having a drumbeat in the background will only make hollenbauer more difficult to hear, the only reason drums sound good on "Mein Herz Brennt" is because theres singing overtop. To have hollenbauer lay down this epic speech over drums would just be plain weird.

*note* that doesn't mean it's going to be any less awesome!

Second, I've written the music to start from the begging of the whole video, not just the cinematic, basically while "Soloman Ink" is being flashed on screen there will be music over that, the music then merges into the cinematic music just as the video does. I found this adds fluidity to the video and makes it look much more professional.

So far that's it for notes (I think). Here's the timeframe im currently looking at.

0:00-0:20: "Soloman Ink" intro music

00:20-01:00: Hollenbauer opening

01:00-01:31: Vespillo Venice

01:31- 02:03: Anastas Alley

So basically, with the music, all the pre-action sequences will come to a solid two minutes. Since the action scenes comprise of mostly fast, exciting footage, I would estimate that the entire action sequence, start to finish, will probably need about 25-35 seconds of music. Leaving silence at the end to emphasize the hammer smash and ending title.

So basically, if we use what I've done so far as a guide, we're looking at a two minute and a half to three minute cinematic. Which I think is awesome :)

Please feel free to text me or leave comments if you have questions ect. and I'll keep ya'll posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment