Friday 12 March 2010

Update!

Sup fellow harbingers!

I've been working on the sounds for hollenbauers voice. I have a quick sample to show you guys, although I don't think its what we're looking for so I e-mailed Ron (creative sound practise tutor), showed him the Ashbringer video and asked how I go about creating something similar. Because he's so sound, he explained what I need is something called reverse Reverb. This effect is what causes a sort of "build up" of creepy voice before the proper voice actually speaks (if you've seen the ashbringer video, you'll know what I mean). So basically, on monday, I'll show you guys that test that I did, then I'll work with ron later that day and he'll hopefully help me out with the reverse reverb. Once I have that effect down, the rest will come easy and Hollenbauer will sound EPIC

Also, spoke to mat on the phone and he mentioned a bunch of stuff for me to do for monday. I can't remember everything we spoke about but I know he mentioned a group logo and a harbingers logo. I personally think the version Mike did was awesome and I dont really want to lose that "splatter" effect. Im happy to play with fonts and design my own lettering (was thinking of just scanning the image of my lettering in and placing it over the splatter?). Mat was saying that "harbingers" was difficult to see while being black, so what colour were people thinking? Also, the logo at the end of the cinematic sort of fits in with the narrative of the scene, I.E. hollenbauer slamming his hammer at the audience. So do we still want some sort of "bam" effect on the logo or are we changing it?

Finally, in regards to the hammer and staff. I showed you guys a page of hammer concepts and we decided we liked the one with the "unveilng-partchment-handle" sort of thing, I then redrew that design and gave it to mark. So whats happening with that? Or were you guys looking for something else?

Also, I showed some staff concepts last week and Mat said he liked the idea of a glass vial on the top of the staff (possibly with a human skull in it?) again, do you want me to develop those ideas or just think of something else?

Also, if mat or whoever could just post in comments what you guys want me to do I'll get started.


P.S. The scanners were giving me a hard time, either im retarded and dont know how to use one or they're not working properly (im betting on the first option). However, I think we have a scanner at home, if not, I'll just bring everything I did over the weekend on monday and you guys can tell me what you think. Sorry if this is a pain.


P.S.P.S Sorry for the essay chaps, I've just been a little confused about what you guys want.

3 comments:

  1. I think the logo is more of an offical idea that Matt and a few were having. Like a more formal logo thats visible throughout the presentation and stuff, aswell as the splatter, although theres is a point about the text, so feel free to play around with things dude. Yeh i think it was sound, offical looking logo and im not sure on the staff and hammer things.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoooo! Yeah sorry it took me ages :P Anyway, the splatter logo is AWESOME. However, we were thinking of having a slightly more formal logo maybe for the group or the game in the corner of all the slides or something along those lines.... so have a play with both.

    Also knock up a detailed back story so we can sell all of the characters in the big presentation before they see the trailer.

    On top of that Mark is still finishing Hollenbauer, so when he gets rolling on the staff and hammer I'd like for him to have as much inspiration as possible. So If you could just carry on developing the ideas you've had and maybe toy with others.

    Cheers mate, <3 you all.

    Mat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got ya. Ill get going on that then. Cya monday :)

    ReplyDelete